gy

let's get connected

Friday, February 18, 2011

Beastly Movie


It's time for movie review!!!
ahaks!
How on earth you want to write a review while you still did not watch it?
Okay, so this entry is not reviewing on personal opinion but rather on reviewing based on googling..
Can it be that way?
gee...sure can in my way..ahaks!

Beastly?
When you first hear this word, what first come across?
Beast?the hit drama series?
or beauty and the beast?

I would say..Beauty & the Beast of course!
As it is one of the most famous fairy tales that been told from ages!

Sure everyone outhere are familiar with this character!

A story about a beautiful, innocent girl that can see beyond the beautifulness (is there such word?) of an ugly beast. Fell in love, the beast transform into a handsome prince charming and live happily ever after!
oh!such a fairy tale!


Actually, back then when I was young, I used to be so skeptical about beauty only matches with handsome,good looking guy! I mean imagine a beautiful girl by a side of erm..not so good looking guy..or vice versa..I always wonder what makes them attracted to each other??..
hurm..but as time goes by, as I grew up experiencing the good and bad things that life is offering..
my personal perspectives of this ugly and beauty things started to change!
beauty is not only just about physical attractions!
 It's definitely more than that!

 oh!this just remind me of my sister when she first introduced her now husband to us!
she used to say -> beauty and the beast! 
and now they are happily married gifted with 2 kids..
though the beast does not turn into a handsome prince charming!
oh!pardon me brother in law!
=)

So, how about the new modern adaptation of this tale?Beastly..Here's the official plot synopsis.

Kyle Kingson (Alex Pettyfer) has it all — looks, intelligence, wealth and opportunity — and a wicked cruel streak. Prone to mocking and humiliating “aggressively unattractive” classmates, he zeroes in on Goth classmate Kendra, inviting her to the school’s extravagant environmental bash. Kendra accepts, and, true to form, Kyle blows her off in a particularly savage fashion. She retaliates by casting a spell that physically transforms him into everything he despises. Enraged by his horrible and unrecognizable appearance he confronts Kendra and learns that the only solution to the curse is to find someone that will love him as he is — a task he considers impossible.
Repulsed by his appearance, Kyle s callous father banishes him to Brooklyn with a sympathetic housekeeper (Lisa Gay Hamilton) and blind tutor (Neil Patrick Harris). As Kyle ponders how to overcome the curse and get his old life back, he chances upon a drug addict in the act of killing a threatening dealer. Seizing the opportunity, Kyle promises the addict freedom and safety for his daughter Lindy (Vanessa Hudgens) if she will consent to live in Kyle’s Brooklyn home. Thus begins Kyle’s journey to discover true love in this hyper-modern retelling of the classic ‘Beauty and the Beast’ story.







Well, watching from the trailer, Kyle is not that of a beast!
well, yeah he's got this thing on his face but still 
woohooo..OMG!
looking at his tall, nice figure! 
walla! I definitely wants to be Lindy!
hehehe..gatal gelenyar sungguh!

Oh!WOW!




hurm, I think I like him better without hair!Bald is just sexy!



Well, is it that easy to make someone fell in love when you're looking like that?
hurm, a question to ask myself.. what would i do if i were in his shoes?

" If I were a Beast given ONE chance to prove that I am worthy to be human again, I would reset my life and do things differently. Definitely life would be much different with knowing of what wrong I've made in the past and wanting to correct it is a virtue. Plato, a famous philosopher quote " For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories". Therefore, I would love to conquer myself and correct all mistakes that I have ever done, in that way, people surrounding me would see beyond my ugliness looks and fell in love with the new beautiful inner side of me! "

oh! come on guys! there's Mary- Kate Olsen + Vanessa Hudgens minus Zac Efron hehehe..
however, I notice there's funny Barney from ' How I met Your Mother' series! 
Definitely, would be a hit movie! 
Just can't wait to watch it and it would be so damn meaningful if i were to win free passes from who else oh! Mr. Nuffnang! is offering free passes to watch this premier screening this March!
 let's just hope I win this because really eager to fell in love with ugly Kyle but handsome Alex Pettyfer.

Oh!my Mr Beast!

Some scene shot!

My Barney! (sorry i just love to call you that!)


modern style of witch - Mary Kate Olsen



Last but not least..Vanessa Hudgens a.k.a Lindy


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails